Saturday, June 9, 2012

Boise Ironman 70.3


It is race day. A summation of months of training, sacrifice, and strength. 
Before heading out to the lake I had to drop off my bag at T2 downtown.



My soul sister.


Body Marking



Hairy Cow


Well, this is not quit the day I had been dreaming of...

While waiting for the race to begin, race officials announced that the swim would go as planned, however, the bike would be shortened to 15 miles. My face fell and my heart sank. Today would not be the day that I complete my 1/2 Ironman.
Do to high winds and cold temperatures they shortened the bike course for the safety of the athletes.
Temperatures outside were in the forty's and winds on the bike coarse were high enough the officials were concerned of hypothermia. 





Your kidding right?

Out of the water in 48 minutes...
great swim!

T1



T2


First loop of the 13 mile run.



Just after making my first loop I headed south along the green belt. It was just as I began to suck air that I saw this sign. The first thing I though was... "this could not be for me", but then I looked and I thought to myself... "but my name is spelled right?" It was just then that I saw Christy and Ike! Boy I really needed it too! Thanks Guys!








Some great pictures approaching the finish! Thanks Christy!










Support from all of my friends and family. I am so blessed!

As I approached the finish line I saw many friends and family, Doug, Angee, KG, Flower, River, Carol, of course Mom, Lisa, Patti, Tex, Hanna, Tristan, Suzette, Trevan, Morgan, Tierra, Kiesan, Christy, Ike (both whom met me at mile 8 with clickers and signage). Sheree was at the swim but was caught playing ball due to the time restrains once the race was shortened.

I know many more were tracking me online and cheering me on. It was not quit the day I wanted it to be but because of every one's support I could not be more grateful.

Thanks to all of you!

Now I just have to figure out which one I will run next.
















Patti brought me some beautiful tropical flowers and 2 lei's.
Thank you soul sister!

Mom brought me a dozen lovely red roses.
Thank you mom!




































No comments: