Sunday, November 18, 2012

Linda's Rolls


     Remember back in the day when one family stuck out when you were growing up? Well, The Crapo's were always one of those families for me. Of coarse Jill and I were great friends and still are and because of that I remember many times hanging out with her and her family.

     Her mom Linda is one of those women that I always appreciated and try to be like. I can remember her all though high school hosting dinner's, booster fundraisers, and always supporting her family and friends. And boy can she cook!

     For years now Suzette has been making "Linda's Rolls", Suzette talks about them as she can still taste them. I asked Suzette to send me the recipe so I could give them a try. I want to make them for Thanksgiving but I think I should do a trial run first, so today is that day.


 

I never in my right mind thought I would make anything that required yeast.
Are you kidding me? My Grandma uses yeast.


 

Kneading


Rolling


One of my favorite parts! My little helper!




And they are done... They look like Linda's. They need a little work perfecting the timing, but I think I will give them a shot. Kind of funny that I was so into making something i could not even eat but everyone else seemed to like them.






Thanks for getting me the recipe Suzy Q and thanks to the Crapo's for the great memories! 
Whats next you might ask? Linda's Cinnamon Rolls!



No comments: