Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl 50 2016 Santa Clara California

Well, after months of waiting the wait is finally over. Super Bowl Sunday with my Daddy is finally here! Patti, Rick, Lisa, Tex and I are treating our Dad to the trip of a lifetime. The only thing missing was my big brother Steve (he is not a football fan). 

The day began with the Stub Hub Fan Fair at Marriott's Great America, the venue was opened early for a first of it's kind pre game experience. Food, fun, rides, former athletes all at our fingertips. 

I can't really put into words what this experience meant to me. What do you give the man who has everything, well, you take him to the Super Bowl. After all he has given us, it was the least we could do. I can honestly say that I have never in my life seen my Dad act the way he did on this February day. He was simply overcome with emotion that he could not control, he was like a child seeing something for the first time. Most of us long to see that in our children and I was able to witness this in my father, my hero, After almost loosing him 8 years ago and simply being reminded daily that each day is a gift made this day all the more meaningful. Seeing him embrace my sisters and I, overcome with joy, screaming like a child reminds me how I gained a love for everything sport which in turn grew into the love my husband and I share today. Daddy I will cherish this day long after you are gone and the smiles, tears, and excitement will forever enrich my soul.
I love you so much!

Make sure you watch the two clips as it will give you a small taste of the excitement of the day!









Hey Tiki, hey Jake... whats up?



Oh ya, and this happened!





































































1 comment:

lisa said...

thank you sis for a great weekend and the time of my life and to see our daddy being that excited is so pricesless watching those clip brought tears to my eyes and my first NFLgame ever