Friday, May 5, 2017

Blog Catch Up - Atlanta October 2007 The year Our Lives Changed Forever!

OK, if you never heard this wonderful story here it is. 2007 was a normal year in the Horton household. I had just traveled to Mexico with my sister Patti for a week. I had returned late Sunday and was still home Monday morning when I received a phone call... "Lynnette", yes, I said? "This is the adoption agency your profile was sent to in Atlanta and we are calling to tell you that your son was born last Friday... how soon can you come to Atlanta to pick him up?" As tears rolled down my face I told them that we would book right away. 
After getting some details I then had to hang up the phone and call my husband who had already gone to work. Boy would I like to have been a fly on the wall that day. We had just finished adding a third floor to our home in preparation for our upcoming adoption. Remember I was in Mexico the day before so Patti was en route back to Hawaii (if I remember right). 
"Honey", I said, "WE HAVE A BABY"! It is all a bit of a blur after that.
What I do remember is being in the airport waiting for our plane to arrive. Patti was coming in on a plane but she was delayed. It was no coincidence that God made it happen. Just as we were boarding Patti came running through the airport. we handed her $500.00 and asked her to get the room ready.  Yep, we did not even have a room for this little guy. Needless to say the tears were flowing.

This is the first picture we ever received of Tristan Jacoby

Our heart could not be more full... we were also scared to death!




This is us picking Tristan up at the adoption agency in Alpharetta, Ga


Settling in at the hotel. There was a 14 day back out period the meant we had to remain in the state for 14 days on the slim chance the parents could change their mind.





There is a lot that can be done in 14 days so we thought we would go out and see some of the sights. First up The Coca Cola Factory!








 

And a trip would not be complete without a trip to Turner Field 
Home of the Atlanta Braves































Needless to say we made it home. We were able to leave a bit earlier than planned. Patti had prepared a lovely baby room and invited our friends over to put our entire house back together. It is hard to believe this was almost 10 years ago!
My heart is forever full.


Seams so long ago!

No comments: