Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lavaman 2012 Packet Pick Up

After many trials a tribulations, race day is finally upon us. Last year after Patti and I finished our Lavaman together, we invited Dad to join us this year in a relay. He had to think about it and discuss it with Sue but after all was said and done it is race time! It is amazing to think how far not only Dad, but how far each of us have come respectively on this journey. We have all grown in so many ways! I don't think I have ever seen dad with such excitement in this way. It was a true blessing to share in this experience with him. I can't express my gratitude enough for how many family members and friends have helped in this process, each playing their own special role. Thank you so much!

Registration

This was the first time (over the weekend), that Dad told the story, and of course, I started crying like a little baby!




Finding friends along the way!






I will cherish this shot for years to come!



More friends!


Dad wanted a quick glass of wine prior to orientation, so we headed down to the Lagoon Grill.
I love the pose with the race number...
Is this proper pre race etiquette?


Patti was sticking with her Green Tea.
Great Job sis!

Pre race dinner with friends and family!

MMMM...



Race Preparation


Reading up on the rules.


Tomorrow...
RACE DAY!

No comments: