Friday, August 9, 2019

Halibut Fishing Ketchikan


Today was a day I had been waiting for for a long time. Tristan has a love of fishing and Alaska would be the perfect opportunity to take him deep sea fishing. We were on the hunt for Halibut. Our captain, who is from Oregon, took us on about a 40 minute ride to get to just the right spot, and boy was it! Tristan caught the first fish just after the line was dropped in the water. The first fish was a trash fish but the rest were keepers. We were all allowed one halibut and we even had to throw one back. We caught plenty of Cod that e were able to bring home too. The water was so still and the whale that paid us a visit off the bow was simply incredible. Much closed than the whale watching tour. Tristan did catch many fish even though I don't have him on video, one of our co passengers took video of him but unfortunately since I was helping him real I could not film. This is a day I will remember for the rest of my life. The smile and the pure joy on Tristan's face fills my heart.









 


 











1 comment:

ang :o) said...

It's not hard to imagine how happy he was to catch the fish and the joy you feel watching him. I can literally feel the energy in the photo and it fills my heart with happiness for you!❤