Thursday, September 2, 2021

Chicago Day 7

We started the day mailing postcards to two special people. Then we went to Stan's Donuts for breakfast. It's such a cute place! The donuts were good but nothing beats DK in Boise.
 
 All my Chicago Fire loving dreams came true today! Well, not all, because I'd love to watch them film, which we found out took place...THE DAY BEFORE! Ugh. I'm not sure why I didn't think of this. It's my favorite show! I'm never behind on it. Thanks to one of my youth girls bringing it up, we made it a priority for our last day.
 
We got to have a tour. We got to sit in the fire truck!!! I have been to lots of fire houses with the girls, so I always let it be about the girls. But it was my turn! Anyone that knows me, knows i love fire and fire trucks! I used to think it was the firemen, but it's the red firetrucks and loud sirens. They're so sexy! I love standing there when they whiz by, blaring their sirens. It's the whole vibe really. At the Idanha, they'd come several times a month. At Benchmark, I'd hear the call bell from our apartment daily and wait for the sirens to sound. I don't hear them enough at our house.
 
 
I'm so happy! Munoz was a great tour guide and so kind. We even bought Chicago Fire t shirts and patches from him! It was so cool! My dream is to ride in a fire truck with sirens blaring, if anyone can make that happen!
And I'll be going back to Chicago to watch filming.
We stopped at Garrett's to get treats for rad people, then went back to the hotel to get our luggage, and off to the airport.
We enjoyed one last hot dog. I even brought one home for KG and the girls to try.
This trip was amazing. My favorite part was just being there with Lynnette and experiencing so much new stuff together. We packed in so many amazing things that we'd forget what we did just two days before!
Thank you Len. Thank you Paul. Thank you NAA. Thank you Apartments.com.
It was fabulous!
 














 

















No comments: