Monday, September 19, 2022

Denver Day One - Rockies 7 vs Giants 10


A few months ago Maren surprised me with Lauren Daigle concert tickets in Denver. How blessed am I that I have so many wonderful friends willing to spoil me rotten. This trip was such a gift as we don't get nearly enough un interupted time. This trip was just what I needed at just the right time.

Monday we left early and we were able to check out the milk district. We had some amazing coffee and avocado toast, then took a stroll through the neighborhood. We checked out Union Station and then had a cocktails while people watching at the square.

We stayed at the Maven and we were able to check in a bit early. We settled in for a little nap only to be woken by the phone ringing to make sure everything was to our liking. Bad news, I could not go back to sleep. No worries as I had an appointment to attend anyway. Maren however was able to nap away! She slept until I got back to the room. 

After some great conversation we headed down for our complimentary cocktails, we had a light snack before the end of the game. We were only a block from the stadium which we strategically planned so we were able to walk. This was awesome!

The Rockies lead the game through the 6th when the Giants began to rally. The Giants tied it up in the 9th and then hit a 3 run home run in the 10th. I loved that it was a high scoring game. Giants 10, Rockies 7. We spent most of the game trying to get the attention of a Boise Hawks Player. Michael Toglia had a great game, he went 4 for 5 with two triples. It still was not enough.

Did I forget to mention "dancing Jesus"

After the game we walked back to our hotel after a little ambulance chasing. 

Once we got back to the room we decided to binge Netflix, that is until we could not stay awake.

Such an amazing day with my person.

Love you friend!




 

























No comments: