Sunday, October 15, 2023

A Hui Hou Hale Makala


Today I attended the early service at Living Stones church. This is the church I attend when I’m on island. The message was on Roman’s 3:22, and understanding the difference in understanding Him and who He is and really believing and trusting Him, then ultimately giving it ALL to Him,
God has been working wonders in my life the past few months and I finally understand. It is so freeing, more than I ever imagined. I don’t need to trust those on this earth, I only need to trust Him.
After church I went and picked up some doughnuts and stopped to visit Dad. We “talked” about the house, the kids, and life in general. I got an overwhelming sense of peace and in true Dad fashion I heard, “it’s just a house”. Man I miss him.
I also left him a little gift. When Dad was in his accident, (yes, he was in an accident), Aunt Nita Adams, sent us all a little Angel bracelet, for years it was hanging from my visor and when Dad passed away I put it in the box that Sue Welter gave me with Dads Rosary. Just as Dad traveled with his Rosary, so do I. Today I left the bracelet with Dad. Just as he left this earth, so will I one day, the things we have on this earth are just “things”, it’s the memories we make along the way that remain in our hearts. Tomorrow is never promised,
As Tex and I spend one last weekend at our Hawaii home I am reminded of all that have shared this space with me over the years, the secrets shared, the healing, the laughter, the tears, the late night photo shoots (love the camera), late night rendezvous on the golf course, swimming in tropical rain, coconut lessons, mud pie adventures, triathlon trainings, triathlon racing, people climbing over the rock wall when they missed their flight, the list could go on and on. Tuesday we will say goodbye and start a new adventure and make new memories for years to come. They say this island has healing waters and I am blessed to be able to visit them. Thank you to all who have prayed for us and supported us through this season.
With Aloha
Makua Kane Aloha








 






































No comments: