Thursday, July 16, 2009

Daddy's Firebird

Many of you know that I have had my dad's Firebird sitting in my garage for about 3 years. When Patti decided to move to Hawaii with her husband, they decided to sell it. Tex was the one who actually bought it. He has been making payments on it since then. 2 years ago, Hanna and I tried to get it started and we were unable to. Last year was going to be the year and then dad had his accident. This spring I was driving to the house with Lisa and saw a beautiful blue Firebird driving down Chinden. I decided to follow him to introduce myself because this was the year I was going to get the car together. All the while Patti was continually asking Tex if she could by it back. This year when we went to Hawaii Patti had a check waiting for him and Tex finally gave in.

On this day Patti and I wanted to get the car running. This was a very sad day for me because having dad's car sitting in my garage is like having a little piece of dad here with me all the time. I will be very sad when Patti takes the car home. For the meantime, Patti and I got the car running and you may see me driving around town in the red convertible.



BEFORE





AFTER


Start er' up!!




Look at the smile on her face...

Patti gets it for 14 years... then it comes to Tristan!

No comments: