Monday, August 24, 2009

Family Fun Day at the 2009 State Fair

Sheree and I had been planing on taking the kids to the Fair and today was the day. Tex decided to join us too.



We ran into Huggy the clown, you had to give him a hug to get one of his stickers... Creepy!
We all decided to have a bit of lunch, you now we were all holding out for some fair food! Sheree chose a Pita (is a Pita Fair Food)?

Tex had chosen Nacho's, not really fair food either in my opinion!

Me, on the other hand, I chose a German hot dog with sauerkraut, MMMMMMMMM.
There was a picture but I think I deleted it, sorry Sheree.

After lunch we were off to the petting zoo. We were greeted by the Hairy Cow, otherwise known as the West Highland Cow from Scotland. Patti and I fell in love with these cows when we went to Scotland. We loved them so much that Patti bought me a small stuffed Hairy Cow as a surprise. I sent the stuffed animal with her on her trip to India and Tasha decided to eat Hairy Cow. Patti had to do surgery to bring the Hairy Cow back to life. Hairy Cow now adorns my window in our bedroom. Needless to say, we love Hairy Cow's.

Paige got some grain to feed the animals and showed Tristan how to feed them.





Paige went on a pony ride, Tristan did not want to go because we tried to get a picture of him on the Brahma Bull and he was having nothing to do with it. So we did not push the issue.


We headed over to Splash Dogs. Paige and Sheree had seen them before and Paige wanted to see them again.





Tex wanted to walk down the isle's of the booth's, you know the shopper that he is.

We found this cool fountain, Tristan decided he needed to get a drink out of it, it was kind of cute, but kind of gross too.


Here is the new hot tub that Tex is going to buy us! I WISH!

While we were shopping for hot tubs, Paige went and got her face painted. Cute!

So the one thing that we did not do that I really wanted to do was hit the amusement park. Tex wanted to go to the horse barn so we went that way. Sheree and Paige went and hit the rides. That was one thing I really wanted to do with Tristan. I know there will be plenty of more opportunities. It was a very fun day!

No comments: