Thursday, October 22, 2009

2 - 4 am, arg!

OK, needless to say, Tristan has not been to happy in his big boy bed because he hasn't been feeling great. I officially took the crib out of his room last week ans that kind of sucked because every night Tristan goes back and forth from his room to ours. I chalked it up to him not feeling well. Well, last night he drew the line. We gave him his breathing treatment about 8 and put him to bed about 10, no problem, About 2 am he woke up so I gave him another breathing treatment. What follows next is the crappy part.

Tristan is up and ready to go! Every time we put him in his bed he waits a few minutes and gets up, opens the doors and walks in our room. Not a peep just walks in taps me on the shoulder. So, I get up and walk him back to his room. Same thing repeats itself, over, and over, and over. So, I then lock our door because after sitting in his room while he was going back and forth I saw that he was doing just that. Walking in our room and then getting back in bed. No luck, he started pounding on our door. Then I try to stay in his room with him, silently, I wait for him to get up and I "usher" him back to bed. Now he is getting really cranky and so am I because Tex is sleeping comfortably in his bed... NICE! I then try to hold Tristan's door shut to keep him in his room, to no avail. He gets so mad he throw things at the door. This was the end of the line for me. Keep in mind this started at 2 am, Tex sleeping comfortably, and I am fuming! I proceed to go to the garage and get the crib and spent the next hour putting the crib back together.

When I was taking the crib down I found that I could actually take the "box spring" out and that would actually give me about 8 more inches for Tristan to have to learn to manoeuvre. I would be able to shove the mattress down to the bottom and he can not climb out any more.

While I am re-assembling to crib, my lovely husband walks in the room. Tristan must have woke him up while he was riding his horse in the corner of the room.
"Whats going on in here he says"? I am like, are you kidding me?

Once the crib was complete I put Tristan in it and he fell immediately asleep. Nice! I then go in and lay next to my husband and I am so fired up it is ridiculous! Tex and I began to chat about what transpired this evening. Many of you know I often refer to "my books" since I am new at all of this parenting stuff. Tex asked me, "So, what does your book say about this?". I replied, "I am still reading the chapter on what to do when my husband won't get out of bed and help". To which Tex replied, "and Tristan is laying in his bed reading his book... How To Piss Off My Mommy."

OMG, I have never laughed so hard at 4 am in my life. I could not resist blogging this!

No comments: