Monday, October 19, 2009

Asthma?

Monday Tristan developed a cough. It was quit abrupt. I left for work at 3 and got home at 630 and he was coughing. Monday night he had a pretty rough night and was up and down through out the night. Tuesday I went to work as normal and when I got home he and Tex were having a nap. Tristan was breathing rather erratically. This caused me quit a bit of concern. I called the Dr. and made an appointment for that day. The nurse called me back and asked if I would come in immediately rather than wait til 4 so we were off!

When we arrived at the Dr they came to see Tristan and saw the he was "wising" and got us in a room immediately. First they tested him for the Swine Flu. I don't know if any of you have gone through that yet but it suck! They take a "swab" that is about 8 inches long and bendable and shove it up their nose until it reaches their throat. Needless to say TJ did not like that much! Then they check his "O2" count, they decided to give him a "breathing treatment" to improve that count. Let me tell you that this was horrible. Tristan fought this so bad. It was not hurting him but he wasn't sure what we were doing. He fought so hard that he not only started calling for daddy (because I was not helping him), he also fell asleep. When the Dr came in he said it appears that Tristan has "asthma", however, it can't really be called that until it is reoccurring. The Dr was not sure what might have brought it on, it could have been a virus, or not. We had to give him one more breathing treatment before we left. TJ slept for the second one.

The Dr. sent us home with steroids and a breathing apparatus. We were to continue the breathing treatments every 4 hours for 48 hours. The breathing apparatus help immensely!

Day 2 Tristan is doing much better. Still giving breathing treatments but he is back to his happy self. We have a follow up appointment on the 28th.

1 comment:

lisa said...

poor little guy. i sure hope this is just some thing he will grow out of but my heart goes out to him and you sister as it can not be easy know that i love you all very much. lisa