Wednesday, February 16, 2011

90% chance of showers

Every Wednesday I run a "Brick", as I mentioned before a "brick" is when you complete two events back to back in one day. Because it is getting close to race day the bricks are getting longer in duration. Today was a bike/run brick. 77 minutes on the bike then a 4 mile run.

The weather report called for 90 % chance of showers today with a cold front coming in. Sheree and I decided that if it was raining in the morning we would meet inside and if not I would get my ride in outside then we would run our 4 miles outside together. The morning was not terrible, it was overcast but it had not rained by 10 so I called Sheree and told her I was heading out to ride and I would text her when I left so we could meet to run after. 1/2 way into my ride the temperature dropped and it began to blizzard, and I mean blizzard. But what do you do when you are miles from your starting point, you just keep going. I was wearing warm enough gear that I did get wet but I did not get cold. As I rolled back up to my starting point there was Sheree laughing her a_ _ off with camera in hand. Oh, did I mention it was 62 degrees yesterday... gotta love Idaho weather!


Since it was a blizzard outside Sheree said we should just go to lunch. I said, let's just run 2 miles. At the end of the 2 miles I told her I was going to drop her off and finish the run. She offered to run one more mile with me but at the end of that mile she decided to finis it out with me. Funny thing was we got to gabbing and ran an extra .4 miles. All in all great brick dealing with the elements. Thank God I have such a great friend!


No comments: