Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nampa Indoor Triathlon

So, there is kind of a funny story behind this. About a month ago Sheree and Christy found this tri for me. when I called to register they said they were full but there was a waiting list. I asked the gal on the phone how many people were in front of me. She said that I was number 13, well as you all know... 13 is my number. I told her, "I will see you on race day". She laughed!

About 10 days ago I received a phone call from the Nampa Rec Center. when they told me who they were I said, I am in aren't I? I told the person on the other end of the phone my story and they laughed too.

Race day finally came around and it hit me that I was doing this race by myself. Tex had to go get Hanna and so he kept Tristan too. Sheree and Christy headed up to McCall, hello, they found the race... what the hell. But it's all good. I was in the 4th wave and did not get into the water until 1 pm. Since I was by myself you are not blessed with any photo's, sorry.

I had a projected finish time of 2 hours 10 minutes. I had a personal goal of completing the race under 2 hours. The swim went pretty well. I was a little worked up for about the first four laps wondering what was the people in the lanes adjacent to me were doing. I finally settled down and set into a rhythm. 18 laps later I was off to the bike. The girl on the bike next to me was about a mile and a half in front of me. I spent 20 minutes trying to catch her but to no avail. Once I completed 10 miles it was off to a four mile run. 20 laps, 20 laps on an indoor track. My goal was to maintain a constant pace. I did just that. I was on lap 17 when, over the music ringing through my ears, I hear "way to go Bob". I new that voice anywhere. It was my friend Dano. We had planned to meet afterwords but I did not expect Dani to make it before I was done. It was nice to have someone there! Thank Dano!

When all was said and done I finished 15 minute ahead of my projected finish time. I was very happy with my finish time!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

I would of loved to be there, but it was my mom's birthday and she wanted to see the snow sculptures! I was being a good daughter!

Lynnette said...

I know, I still love you!