Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Emmett Triathlon 2011

Boy, where do I start with this tri? First, this was my first triathlon by myself. Then, Tex ended up not running the tri with me and decided to play softball instead. So, not only was I running by myself, I was also going by myself. Time to call in reinforcements. First on the list... Dano. Dano, can you come hold my hand? Next Sheree, knowing Sheree had a lot going on I called to see if she could make it too.

The morning started off early. I met Dani at 730. Race time was 935. We drove out together and headed strait for T1. Since we swam out of town we had to take our bikes out to the lake. Then it was off to T2 to set up for the run. As I was headed back from T2. I was stopped by an official who asked if I was waiting for the bus. I said yes, he told me the last bus was leaving at 8, it was 820. Good news is we caught the last bus.




Loved these guys... they were out "starting gun". It was a real cannon. Crazy! Love the time period costumes!



Headed back to the reservoir, where I began to get a bit nervous. 80% of the participants were wearing wet suits. Not me... I told Dani to look for me in about 26 minutes. This race was twice the distance as the Y not Tri so I figured double the time. Race started great! The water was not cold at all. There was plenty of room not to swim all over people. Next thing you new I was exiting the water at 16 minutes! Great Swim! 10 minutes ahead of schedule. I was stoked!










Next, off on the bike! Today I am not chasing anyone. It is all about me and the ride! A gradual climb out of the reservoir then through some rolling hills. Once we approach town it is pretty flat. Once you hit town and approach T2 you can hear the crowd cheering...





The 3 mile run snakes through town then around the softball fields, after a short stint along the river you circle back through town headed for the finish line. There I was surprised by Brittles. Brittles drove out to see me finish fruity beverage in hand! What a great race!





Thanks everyone for your support!











Swim 16:44 T1 3:14 Bike 45:31 T2 3:23 Run 43:36 Total Time 1:52:25

No comments: