Sunday, May 19, 2013

T3 Olympic Training Day

     Today was a very well needed day! One week ago I had a horrible training day. I did my first open water swim, in my wet suit, with my trainer, then I had a 12 mile run which was supposed to be my longest run before the Boise 70.3. It is not uncommon for me to need to acclimate to the open water in the spring but the fact that I had to squeeze into a wetsuit, pump out an hour swim while my trainer is paddling next to me on a paddle board was apparently a bit too much. As I was off on my run I could not seem to get my heart rate to come down. Where I am usually about a 13 minute mile, this day I was 17 - 18 minutes mile. It was awful! So much so that I ended up walking the last 5 miles. I was pretty much devastated!

     After battling through this week with my trainer he sends me a Facebook message telling me about a Training Day that is taking place this weekend. The Training Day had both a short and a long distance. The long distance would be a .9 mile swim, 22 mile bike, and a 6 mile run. However, the bike would be the infamous dump loop. When Austin sent it to me I said NO, I am so not doing it. I can barley do the dump loop on a good day by itself. But after the week I had last week and a good pep talk from my sister Patti, and my friend Shirley I was registered.

     Sunday morning Tristan and I went to Church. I was sitting in Church thinking to myself I am so not doing the long course. Even during the first loop on the swim I thought to myself, I am so not doing the second loop. Then after I completed the second loop of the swim, I was off on the bike. As I saw a majority of the athletes coming back on the short coarse I was still unsure if I was going to climb those three hills. But today was all about mind over matter and fueling. And it was a very good day!

     I finished the swim in 41 minutes. The dump loop took me 2 hours. I finished the 10 K in 1 hour 12 minutes. I could not be more pleased! Thank you for everyone who pushed me this week. Man I needed it!

      I was so fortunate to have this opportunity today to have an organized event and the support of that event! Thank you so much to Michelle StanWiens and her staff for putting this on, also to my trainer, Austin Zander and his super cute wife Amanda for supporting me today. Lastly, my wonderful husband and son for being there everyday for the long and the short training day, what would I do without them.

     I was able to steel these picture from the T3 Training Day Event! thanks guys!






That would be me in the black cap.

 

 

 

I love that Tex and Tristan are in this picture!





No comments: