Saturday, June 8, 2013

Boise Ironman 70.3 2013 FINALLY!

So the day is finally here. Over a year and a half of training and I am finally going to get to attempt this 70.3 race. After last years race being cut short and the fear that I would not have been able to complete it if it hadn't been, well, today I am ready. After a sinus infection and a bout with the flu for a week I sure hope my body will hold out!

Let's do this Hairy Cow!


T2


After a brief stop at Starbucks and picking up little miss Hanna we have made it to Sandy Beach.






TJ got a bit tired walking over the dam so Auntie Patti gave him a ride...
She ROCKS!



 As we were walking up the hill I realized that I put my socks in my running shoes. Well, Shoot. As I look around at my families feet I spot Hanna's socks being closest to mine. I tell them the story of where my socks are and Hanna says I can use hers. Love that girl! Thanks Hanna Banana!




After a walk up the hill, it was time for body marking. I could not figure out why they were asking me if I was a pro.... then the sign guy turned around, lol! I loved that they marked my family and friends too!





Hairy Cow... Do you have sunscreen on?



I am so not afraid of the wetsuit anymore! Where ever, when ever, thanks to my friends at Tri Town!





Family...


... and friends!









Austin, my fearless leader, has been training me for two years. I don't know how I found such a great trainer but he has stuck with me and really pushed me to be all I can be. I am so thankful I gave him a shot! I vowed to never train with a guy, and I told him that the day I met him. I am so lucky! Thanks Z!










I love that you can see the kids in this picture on the left. It was hot out there, and they were troopers!
I have such great supports and friend!




I rode by my Nails Shop in Bown Crossing, Amore Nail Spa. I did not know until the following week that they made me some signage and sat outside for hours waiting for me. I whistled when I went by but to no avail. Love their support. Thanks Girls!






 

Not sure whom got this shot but love that The Depot is in it. I married my sweetheart there! Oh my how far we have come since that day!




Hydrating.
Feeling great! The bike was just as it had been many times the past few weeks. Windy and hot.
There were guys dropping like flies the last 6-8 miles.
I said a little prayer every time I saw someone down.


I heard my little TJ took a little siesta. Sissy packed him around for some time. Thanks Sissy!


I used to have this thing when finishing a race  that I needed to "finish strong", or in other words... turn on the after burner a few hundred yards out. Last year I ran right by Angee's kids. They had been waiting so patiently to see me and I ran right by them. This year I vowed not to do that. As I approached the finish line I saw them jumping up and down. It was so invigorating. Taking my time as I approached the finish line. Seeing all my family and friends and high fiveing them! It was priceless! If those girls only new the change they helped me reach this year. Thank you Flower & River! Funny thing was, I saw them and almost missed my own family : )





The finish is always so exciting! Having all of my family and friends the who have helped me along the way is just priceless! We did not get as many of them pictured this year. That makes me a little sad.  Thanks to Tex, my loving husband, Tristan, Hanna, Patti,  Sheree, Paige, Chisty, Ike, Angee, KG, River, Flower, Mom, Doug and Austin for making my finish line a memorable one!



1 comment:

ang :o) said...

You are so inspirational! I'm so glad my girls have you to look up to! we all love you!