Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 2 with my Hero



Day 2 proved to be one of the most memorable of my life. We spent the first half of the morning on the bunny hill. Dad and I worked on our skills while Lisa looked on. By lunch time we all grabbed a bite to eat. We reminisced about how we used to pack our lunch and eat on the side of the mountain. We would never go into the lodge and buy lunch. After we ate Lisa set up camp on her computer and Dad and I went up to mid mountain. While riding up I was trying to decide if we should take the beginner hill or the intermediate? My mind was torn. The beginner hill was a "cat track" we hate "cat tracks" so intermediate it was.

Dad began working his turns two to three at a time. The mountain was a bit narrow at the top and he was very nervous to make the turn with the increase in the steepness of the mountain. I skied in front of Dad and he would make about two to three turns and then we would stop and chat about it. We did this about three times. It was then the mountain terrain widened and I felt comfortable taking a few turns down the mountain in front of him. It was then that it all changed. 

Dad would be talking to himself as he worked his way down the mountain but it wasn't until he watched me make those turns and was able to copy me that you could really see his excitement. 
"I did it, I really really did it". He would say.
"I can't believe it! I did it!" He said. 

Once he realized his ability it was just like old times. Skiing with my Dad. The video footage really just does not do it justice. This was truly a priceless day!

This picture says it all!
I love you so much Dad!
Thanks for making another memory I will never forget.











Lisa's base camp! I love her!


Yep, we still do puzzles and Tristan joined in the fun!


No comments: