Friday, November 16, 2018

The Invite



Yesterday was a pretty incredible day! When I woke up I had a missed call from Tyler’s Mom, yes that is how she is listed in my phone after meeting up with them last year at the Vegas bowl. I was awe struck... didn’t want to call her right back and be “that crazy fan”. So I waited a bit before calling her back. When I finally did I was once again amazed by the generosity of this family. As many of you know Tyler Horton has a “#1 fan” in our house. Tristan has worn Tyler’s jersey for years and ever since the minute Tyler noticed Tristan has been truly blessed not only by Tyler but by his family. Before this season started we new it would be Tyler’s last year on the blue and we vowed not to miss a game. Tyler has attended Tristan’s games, stopped to visit Tristan, he signed a helmet for his birthday, given him swag, and what I love most of all is Tyler has shown Tristan how to act not just on the field but off the field as well. Well there is one more amazing event left for Tristan this season, Tyler and The Horton Family have invited Tristan to accompany them on the field with them for Senior night and next week’s game. I was truly in tears at the generosity of this family. I know we are not related by blood (even though we share the same last name), but we are for ever and always family. We are excited for next week’s game and even more excited to see what is in store for Tyler! Thank you to Tyler and his family for being a stand up role model as a player, person and family that we can all look up to❤️ #truleyblessed #bleedblue #gobroncos Football will just not be the same next year😢



No comments: