Friday, April 18, 2008

Holy cow

Well, were do I start. First I have been sicker than crud. Tristan got a cold and I immediately picked it up. Too much kissing I guess. Tex didn't get it, I don't know what is up with that! Then just as I thought I was getting over it I had a softball tournament, this was last Sunday. I was only hitting because I did not feel good and then our pitcher walked a number of girls so I thought I would give pitching a try. This was quit a stretch since I had not pitched since the surgery and I certainly had not done it since last year. When I got in there I was a little shaky but I pulled it off. Everything was fine and dandy until one of the No Limit girls hit a line drive at my head. You guessed it, I went for cover and the ball drilled me in the side of the head! Holly crap! You know how you try real hard not to cry in front of everyone, well that was me. Ranae, from No Limits, fixed me up. my ear was bleeding pretty good and they thought it ripped the ear ring out of my ear. They were able to clean it up, tape it and I was good as new. I then took a few practice pitches and we were off. This was game 4 of 6. We ended up taking 2nd place and we had a lot of fun! The girls seemed to think that taking a ball up the side of your head and then finishing the day out was worthy of the MVP. That was nice: ) but I think I would rather have my ear back...lol. I was so exhausted and my cold seemed to be 10x worse now. I went back to the truck and called Tex. He had left to take Hanna home. I then proceeded to ball like a little baby. He asked what was wrong? I told him I just had not had time to cry yet. We then stopped at Chapalla to grab a bite to eat. I called Angee to see if she could cover for me Monday as I new I was going to need some rest. It is so nice to have a great employee that you can trust!

After taking Monday off I was back to work on Tuesday. I spent the rest of the week trying to recover from this stinking cold. It keeps me up all night coughing and then I get up and go to work. So needless to say I have not had much time to get back to the blog. I also have some very cute pictures to add but Tex had the dang camera. So I will get those on soon. We have another tournament this weekend and the weather is supposed to be yucky. That stinks! I am going to try very hard to keep my face out from in front of the ball: )

No comments: