Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Poi"


Well, there is a funny story hanging out there that I never got around to telling everyone. As you all know mom went to Hawaii last Thanksgiving with Patti. Patti took mom to a Luau where she was tattooed by a very cute island boy, but that is not the funny part. For months before mom went to Hawaii I began to tell her about this great dish she would find there called Poi. If you are not familiar with Poi, Poi is a paste like dish made from a root in Hawaii that the Hawaiians put on just about everything. I have heard it is an acquired taste but to me it taste like tree roots. There is kind of a standing joke in our family and those who have been to Hawaii with us to tell them how good the Poi is and to watch the expression on their face when they are eating it. It is very unusual that anyone takes us up on trying the Poi. So, as I mentioned I talked it up early to mom. I had almost forgot about it until I get a phone call from mom saying, "you little Sh**" . I was so surprised! Then she told me that she was at the Luau and had put a rather large amount of Poi on her plate so she would not have to go back through the line. Mom was so excited about trying the Poi she took a very large bite. Well, her is her reaction.




No comments: