Wednesday, April 22, 2009

An e-mail sent from Sue to all of the children.

Sue, sent out this e-mail today and it was so funny that I asked her if I could share it. I opened it at the office and I swear I laughed for 10 minutes straight!

Enjoy!

There are so many things that occur these days that make me laugh and some even make me cry with joy. Your Dad continues to improve everyday. He has a wonderful sense of humor and seems to find joy just being alive. All the information Patti, Lynnette and I were given at the hospital about physical disabilities, speech problems, possible lack of emotion just have not "come to fruition" and I am grateful everyday for this man that surprises me with his laughter, humor and intelligence. In short, I feel blessed. You must all be very proud of this strong father.

Here is the latest laugh:

Sunday nights is "put the garbage out night". Well, Sunday after Len had put the garbage out at the curb, he came back upstairs just in his underwear. "Len", I said,"did you wear your underwear outside?" "NO", he said,"I took them off"
I just broke up laughing and he gave me that crooked smile that has been a part of him since the accident.

Here is one of many things that makes me cry with joy:

While our handyman,Jerry, was here today, he told me that he works on cars. Len's car has been under the car cover since we arrived home and has been a constant reminder to me that Len is not driving. I mentioned to Jerry that Len's car battery needed to be charged and he said we could use the battery charger that was on the work bench( I bought it a while back to use on my car while we are traveling so I don't have a dead battery when we get home) I told Jerry that we needed to wait until Len got home to ask him. Len wouldn't like us messing with his car. When Len arrived home we told him that I needed to get the car running and reminded him about the battery charger. He agreed to it and said he would go get the keys for the car.
I went upstairs and kept waiting for Len to come up. Finally I went down to the garage to see where he was and there was Len on top of the car very carefully taking the cover off. It probably sounds silly to all of you but it took my breath away. He got in the car and boy did he look good behind the wheel. I could tell he felt good too.

We were also given a Welcome Home party by John Stover, Bayardo Aviles and the Chorus Board on Sunday and I have included a photo of the event.




No comments: