Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MDA Lock Up

Many of you now that I was suggested by one of my friends to take part in the MDA lock up. This is a fundraiser put on by the Muscular Dystrophy Association to help raise money for those with Nero Muscular disease. I don't know who selected me but you now me...I take the bull by the horns and run with it!

Case in point. here is the mugshot photo that Tex took for me that many of you have seen.


After about 10 days of all of my wonderful friends and family coming together to donate over 1000.00 to the cause I was picked today up by Mr Tall Dark and Handsome. He presented me with this Warrant. When we left it was time to pick up another person on a warrant. Then we were off to Fudruckers to try to finish raising the bail.


Once we arrived at Fudruckers we were locked up and placed through booking.

Then it was time to get to work. They provided us lunch while we made phone calls to try to raise more money.

I was the only one all day who dressed up so I got this cute little prize which contained a shirt, book, and a cup decorated by one of the children. All in all it was a great experience! Thanks to all of you who donated to the cause!


1 comment:

lisa said...

you are so welcome sister. i was looking for some thing that i could do or get you for helping me last month and i did not know what to to do so i figured that i would help you and the kids at the same time i love you very much and you have a very big heart. love lisa