Saturday, June 11, 2011

Aids Life Cycle 10

My sister Patti has a really great friend named Peter. Peter lives in Sn Fransisco and they often ride together. Peter invited Patti to join him and his team on the Ride to end Aids. The ride is 545 mile, an average of 80 miles a day, they begin in San Fransisco and end in LA. Patti has been training for this for months.

I was also busy for months, not training, but planning my surprise with the help of Peter. I contacted him via a message in Facebook because I new that is Patti saw us friend each other she would know something was up. Well, the surprise came off without a hitch. She had no clue that I was buzzing into LA to surprise her.

I arrived before she came in but had no idea what she was wearing so I missed her ride in. I did, however, find Peter who helped me find her and as you can imagine the moment was priceless. I love my sister so much and I am so proud of all of her accomplishments!







The closing ceremonies as the riders parade into the staging area.


My sister, me hero, my inspiration.


Hairy Cow...



Patti and her gang!

She man

Here was a pathway of statistics which began with the first detection of AIDS and it's progressions. The statistics were just mind boggling.






My accomplice, Peter, and I.


Congratulations Patti, Peter and to the other 2400 riders.
May there soon be a cure!

No comments: