Saturday, April 6, 2013

Boise Spring Spirnt / March Maddness & Mom's Birthday Dinner

This is it, the first race of the "big" season.The Boise Spring Sprint is the first race that gets things going in the valley. Hairy Cow and Po Po Bear are here to hold my hand!




Camel's Back Park
T1


T2



I had a killer bike this year. Headed out to Seaman's Gulch I crushed it! Felt so strong! As I headed back to the park I was sucking a bit of air. My run, well, it rocked! Averaged 10 minute mile. Ya me, 10 minute mile. Crazy considering my normal is 13 to 14. Super great day.

I was greeted at T2 by two of my supporters. Austin, my trainer, and Christy one of my great friends, neither of which I expected to see. Which is super nice when you are out there by yourself and you don't know any body. Thanks guys for getting some pictures and video and mostly your support!


The afternoon was caped off by a wonderful lunch with my family, a nice hot shower, some March Madness (final four), and a birthday dinner with Mom! What a wonderful day!

On the menu, beef patties in gravy, carrot, and mashed potatoes. Tristan loves to help cook. I loved this because I love to cook because Mom began cooking with me at the age. To share time with Mom cooking with Tristan and I was priceless.











No comments: