Saturday, June 7, 2014

Boise Ironman 70.3 Time to give back!

I have been excited about this year's Ironman for some time. I had been planing to Volunteer for month's. Then I found out that Apolo Ohno was competing and I was even more excited!
My plan was to park down town, ride to Lucky Peak, watch the swim start, ride back into town, then spend the next 7 hours catching athletes as they cross the finish line. Oh what a day it was!


Ohno is in the orange cap.




First male pro out of the water.


First female pro out of the water.


Ohno, out of the water.
Time for me to head to town.






My post.




I loved how the photographers lined the finish line for the finisher picture!
Geez, give the guys a little room!


Brett Mcmahon & Trevor Wurtele 14 second apart.


Hanging out with Paula Newby Fraser


Ohno, Apolo!






Well, we weren't aloud to get to close but still pretty cool.  There were plenty of other athletes that needed our attention! Great way to support our athlete's but now I am ready to buckle down and train!















No comments: