Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 1 Hawaii - Ski Mauna Kea


Our view from the air.


For years Patti and I have been talking about skiing the volcano but time has not allowed us to be there at the same time during a snow storm. When Patti got to Idaho she told me about three storms that had hit Mauna Kea. For the entire week we were watching the weather, not for a race forecast but for the snow forecast. How many times do you pack ski gear and tri gear to the same location? I am so fortunate to have been able to experience this incredible experience with my sister and my family.
Love you guys!

Equipment check.













Headed up!


The locals drive up to the volcano and fill there trucks up with snow, then they drive to the ocean and build snowmen and have snowball fights!


Gearing up at the visitor's center.







Who's ready? Hairy Cow!






When ever Patti and I ski, she generally opens the turn and I generally close them. Well, we are sitting at the top of the mountain and we are chit chatting and I say ok, you ready? What does Patti say, " I'm Scared" Really? this is my invincible sister. lol. So I go first.
Here is my first run.
... You used to be fearless!




Patti's First Run


Thanks for sharing our day with us ladies!


Run #2









How many other 7 year old kids can say they skied a Volcano at 13000 feet? 
Super proud of you little man!


One more item on our bucket list is checked off!
Today was priceless!

No comments: