Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Headed North Ey Canada

Today is the day we planned to head across the boarder. Our tour coordinator, Mrs Willhite, planned a day in Waterton National Park with a view of The Prince of Whales Hotel. Upon the approach to the boarder I had a bit of a panic attack and thought I had brought my old passport. Little did I know I was just reading it incorrectly. All was good though and they let me into their country. Not as much could be said for Tex's walking stick though : ) he he he... yep, they took it. One less stick for Tex he had to put it into the dumpster before entering the country.

The Hotel was absolutely stunning, the views were even more so. The shopping was great and the kids loved the staff in their traditional wear. We snapped a picture in front of the oldest working elevator in the country.

After we were done sight seeing we found a cute little restaurant on the lake for lunch. There was a beautiful view with plenty of flowers. Then it was time for a walk around the cute, little town. There was plenty of shopping and, as always a traditional, little candy store. One of the things I love is trying new things when I am in new places. Today it was an avalanche, grape Slurpee, grape/vanilla ice cream, and more grape Slurpee...
It was divine! No really!
I picked up a few treat for family and friends at home then it was off back to the car.

Once back to the car we decide to drive the city a bit, we found Cameron Falls with an interesting population of very friendly ground squirrels, they kind of freaked Tristan out. We then headed to on to Cameron Lake where we took out first swim...Burr.... is all I have to say about that. We saw some young sheep on the way up. When we arrive and did some reading there were signs that said fishing was prohibited from the shores because of the bear activity. Only fishing from boats and if you caught any fish they should be transported out in special bags for your protection... needless to say we weren't fishing today. Oh, and did I mention that a small portion of this lake was in the U.S. and the remainder was in Canada? That is kind of cool.

On our way home we saw our resident Bo Bo on the side of the mountain. I wish he was closer. Then it was on to another night of fishing and fondue.

I also forgot to mention that Sheree mentioned to me some time ago that this is the hotel which inspired Stephen Kings, "The Shining". This is the scariest movie in the world to me and this picture says it all... If Tristan only new! 
RED RUM...RED RUM. If they threw a red trike at the end of the hall I would have gone crazy!

Life is good!























































1 comment:

Jeannette Lewis said...

I know the feeling of thinking that you've brought the wrong passport! Terrifying! Looks like you had a lovely trip, the scenery is beautiful. I love the hotel, it looks fantastic, and such an amazing architecture. My husband and I are thinking of visiting the area over the summer, it looks like the perfect idyllic setting to enjoy the natural surroundings.

Jeannette Lewis @ Welcome Pack Canada