Monday, June 27, 2016

Swimming with dophins and The Painted Church Priceless


Today we spent the day at Two Step which is right next to City of Refuge. I have never snorkeled here before and can I say it was some of the best snorkeling that I have ever done. I did not feel like getting in off the rock so I went in of the beach. As I swam around the corner I saw Kayla and Carissa coming in off the rocks. The coral was vivid with life and the fish were so abundant it reminded me of the old Kona. Kayla slipped into the water and I was a bit concerned for Carrisa as I new she would not be able to touch especially with it being mostly coral. Just as Kayla and I reached each other I hear Maren shrieking from the shore...."Dolphins! Dolphins!" We turn around and they were literally right behind us Spinning and flocking about. Kayla and I head to share in their space. I had really began to think that we would not get the opportunity. When you consider that we headed out today not knowing what beach we were going to, not wanting to stay at Captain Cooks, struggling to decide if we wanted to go into City of Refuge, then to end up at two Step and not even knowing if we were going to get in, well, God definitely had his hand in this and it was truly incredible. The funny thing was as we were out I hear "Lynnette" I literally asked Kayla if that was Tristan and then we were like"Carrisa" Here we were about a mile out and we see Carissa coming our in a neon yellow floating device with a few others. Some nice family from the shore gave her their equipment to come out and experience the dolphins. It was so funny that Carrisa was messing with her Go Pro and I literally told her to drop the camera and put her face under the water. The dolphins were right there! It was incredible! 


After we left Two Step we decided to drive by The Painted Church. Another stop I have never made. What a simply amazing place of worship that has weathered many storms, feet, heat and guests. The 200 year old painting which adorn the walls were simply incredible. To sit in silence with just the 5 of us was priceless.







No comments: