Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Friday:

Well, we were off to San Francisco to surprise dad for his 70th Birthday which is actually tomorrow. We could not very well tell dad we were there so Tex, Garrett, Tristan and I decided to stay in the city and see the sights. We started off by having some breakfast in Socceleto, then we stopped to get some pictures of the Golden Gate. Here are some shots from the first day.




Koit Tower - The building on the left is a tribute to fireman.

Tex and Garrett went to the top. I waited with Tristan because he was asleep.


After going to Koit Tower we went down to the wharf to grab some lunch and go to the aquarium. It was so much fun!

We found Nemo....



...and Dori...



Garrett and TJ went through the "tube". Garrett showed him all the fish.



We saw Jellies,


Schools,



and Sharks.



We even got to pet the sharks!



While we were in the aquarium Patti called she met with us and stayed the night.

After hooking up with Patti we grabbed a bite to eat and then went out to see the Sea Lions. Tristan would not quit watching them, it was so cute!








FOR ALL OF YOU THAT I TOLD SHE SHAVED HER HEAD WHILE IN INDIA, SHE LIED! SHE SHOWED UP WITH A WRAP ON HER HEAD AND ALL OF HER HAIR. THE BRAT!
I AM SO HAPPY SHE IS HOME!

Saturday:

We got up and grabbed a bite to eat and Tex wanted to take a Trolley ride to Union Square and do some shopping so we were off. Here are a few shots from the ride...






See this biker, he was going strait up the hills you see in the picture above. He STOPPED at a red light and balanced until the light changed without putting his feet down. It was incredible!




Once we got to Union Square we walked around and did some shopping. There was a group from China doing a production and there in the corner of the square was a cute little coffee bistro. You could tell it was going to be great. I have always said that I would never order a Cappuccino unless I was in Europe because it just is not the same but I was willing to try it here. There is nothing like a great cup of coffee with your sister after she has been gone for 2 months.



This picture should say it all!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM


THE PARTY

WE ALL MET AT TAO TAO IN SUNNYVALE FOR DINNER

THE SURPRISE



Before dinner Sue gave a nice thank you to dad, the guests, and introduced the kids to make individual statements. All the kids stood and spoke to give dad thanks. Patti gave her heart, Steve was to character, I was the crier, Wendy was heartfelt, and Lesa would not go after my cry fest. It was very nice! Dad came around afterwords and thanked each one of us!

THE CAKE - WHAT? NO 70 CANDLES

After the party Tristan started to get fussy so we left sooner that we probably would have. Of course he fell asleep as soon as we hit the car so Tex took us all across the Bay to get a view of the city at night. What a sight!


Sunday:


We slept in and then we went back to the pier to get one more sourdough bread bowl with clam chowder. I swear this is my favorite! While we were eating we had a great view of all the boats on the bay. Tex got this great shot of this catamaran in front of Alcatraz. After a few stops it was back to the airport. Which I might add was my worse day at the airport EVER! First I could not find my Id. Then I got selected for a security check. Once I got through security I realized I left me credit card out side. So I went back out and found the card. Then I got tagged for security again. Luckily we showed up early. Then I am playing with Tristan in the stroller pushing him back and the last time I pushed him a little too hard and he bonked his head on the stroller. I was miserable!

No comments: