Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Aloha























Hi All-

Well, we have been home here for a little over a week and have been running from one appointment to another.
Dr, rehab, audiologist, massage for Len, ST and PT at home, and welcome home party from the book group.
We are both glad to be here and enjoying the warm weather, especially after Minnesota.
It was a little voggy earlier in the week but the weather over the past two days has been amazing. I see the vog coming back but I understand the vent is closing up in Volcano. It will be a while before we see the last of it but hopefully our air will clear up around here.

I know Len is glad to be home and has started to take more interest in business. He is asking more questions which is very gratifying to me. He is also more bossy which I can do without.

He is walking to church and has jogged a couple of times on his usual route. This Sunday he got caught in our short storm just before he made it to church. The wind really picked up and I was running around closing windows and wondering if I should drive down and find him then realized he would already be at the service before I could get there.
The rain started so I decided i would pick him up after church. Well, the service is being held in a tent at the moment so they canceled the service and before I could get out the door here comes a very soaked Len. Yipes!! Oh well, just another show of independence on his part.

Len has decided to go back to chorus so we will start in tomorrow night. Mark ask him to come back and Len said he would give it a try. Mark feels it will be good therapy for Len and I agree. We will see how it goes.

The welcome home party was held at Judi Nakamaru's house and Len was great. He talked to everyone and at one point I looked over and he was talking to the "guys". It all felt so normal. Everyone thought he was adorable and they were all so understanding. What a great group of friends. I have missed them alot.
Right now he talking to someone on his phone and almost every word is clear. I have no idea who it is but he is giving them the low down on his progress. I think he meant to call Patti but called someone else.

Thought you would all be wondering how things are going. They are going GREAT!!!!!

No comments: