Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A good day.

Last Friday I met with my girlfriend Danni. It was a good day because I really needed to talk to her. Dani is a Psych Major and has had experience in counseling. Not only is she one of my best friends but she has also been very close to Tex and I, In fact I met Tex through her and her ex-boyfriend. Dani, thank you so much for coming to see me it was definitely a step in the right direction! I love you very much!

Our entire family has been through so much in the last six months, and each of us is dealing with it in our own way. I think that now that I have had time to slow down and everything has been getting back to "normal" I have really had a lot of time to think about things. I am very thankful for everything that we have and that my dad is doing so well. Everything is so interrelated that it was just so much to take in.

Today I met with a counselor at The Cathedral of the Rockies. He was very nice and NEUTRAL, considering that pretty much everyone that is close to me is directly related to, not only my family, work and dad's accident. It was nice to talk to someone whom did not know the situation.

The counselor asked me one very important question after an hour of balling my eye's out. He Said, "tell me what happened when you found out about your dad's accident, did you cry?" I said, I cried once, briefly, in the shower. I said I don't think I cried until one week ago. Well, I have done enough drying since then for the entire family I think. Meeting with the counselor was a very good experience! Our family dynamic is all so inter-related, we work together, we play together, and of course we live together (or close). that is a lot of together, which I am very thankful for but sometimes it just takes one over the top. I hope that these few sessions will help those around me as much as they help me personally.

I love you all!

No comments: