Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Jo, you will be missed.


Last week my step mom notified us that one of our dear friends was transported to Honolulu and was not doing very well. He name is Jo Taylor (left). That very after noon we received another e-mail that Jo had actually passed away that morning.

I first met Jo on one of our trip abroad with my parents chorus group from Hawaii. I will always remember her from her beautiful, long, silver hair, and her sparkling smile.

If you are not familiar with the Hawaiian culture, they are very family oriented. Even though I began traveling with this group before I met Tex, and then later as Tex and I both began to travel with this group, we were quickly welcomed into this wonderful chorus family. Jo was one of those who really put herself out there to make you feel welcome.

Even though I only new Jo from traveling with my parents group, she has always had a special place in my heart! Jo was always very supportive of Tex and I when we got married and even more so when dad has his accident.

I have spent the last week searching for her obituary to no avail. So I would just like to say...

Waimaka o ka Lani

A Hawaiian saying states that the Heavens cry when a loved one passes.
We love you Jo!

No comments: