Thursday, April 15, 2010

Let the journey begin

Many of you know that I went to Hawaii last month to see my sister run the Lavaman Trithlon. What most of you don't know is that experience changed my life. I had already made the decision to have the Lap Band Sergery but now I am training to be a triathlete. My first goal will be to finish my steps to complete the Lap Band the end of May. My 6 month goal is to train to be a spinning instructor. In October I plan to return to Hawaii to watch the Iron Man Triathlon in person, at that time I plan to compete a practice run of the Lavaman. It is because of all of these experiences that my life has been a bit chaotic lately. I have been researching the purchase of my road bike and last week I made the final decision. I have been trying to get there all week to go get it. I purchased it at Bob's Bicycle Shop . This is were we purchased Lisa's bike too and they have taken such great care of her. I was please when the bike that I liked best was from there.

After I was done working I finally made it to the shop. I was so excited! This is the bike that, in less than a year from now, I will compete on in Hawaii! The first thing that I had to do after I picked it up was to go ride it. I was so excited that I called Patti! She didn't answer. She was probably at the beach. She did however, call me back. I was so giggly when she called the excitement brought me to tears.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful sister! Patti has certainly found her way and I am so proud of her!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is awesome! Congrats!!