Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Its all about the journey"

While I was hanging out with Patti's trainer, Bill, this year during her race he kept saying "its all about the journey"... I know that my journey began some time ago but the next step is now coming to fruition. I am set for the lap band surgery on June 17, 2010. I am so ready to move forward with my training but I need to take this step first.

Today I went for a 10 mile bike ride. The ride today was stunning! We have had enough rain that foothills are green and the flowers are lush. I rode from the University down Warm Springs along the greenbelt. The river is running high right now and makes for a lovely sound while you ride.

I have been getting in a couple rides a week now along with my 2 days per week with my trainer, I also spin on Mondays. Tomorrow I am going to swim some laps in the pool. I am eager to get the surgery done so I can get back to my training.

Let the journey continue...

No comments: