Saturday, June 12, 2010

My first 20 miler & The Boise Ironman

Today I set out for my first 20 mile ride. I was going to do the 10 Mile Creek Loop but I was very glad that I decided to drive the route first. The computer said that the route was mostly flat and that was so not the case. No was I could have made that loop today but i will certainly work up to it.

I decided to head down to Lucky Peak to head out for 20 miles on the green belt. I rode all the way up to Municipal Park and back. I was planning on driving up to the Ironman start when I was done but there was no parking left. I decided to go back and park and try to ride up Lucky Peak Hill. I made it about 1/2 way before I decided to turn back. I headed back down the green belt to watch the cyclists head out to Gowen. I rode about 6 more miles.

Patti told me that my bike was going to take me to some gorgeous places and this was one of them.My day started out by heading down to the water turn out from Lucky Peak. What a sight!


The green belt was all mine today!






So my intent was to go home, shower, get Tristan and head down to BODO to watch the Ironman finishers come in. Turns out I was beat and sore so I didn't make it.

When I got home Tex was working on his latest project, the rock path along the side of the house. It is really taking shape.



The kids were all out playing basketball.



No comments: