Saturday, July 17, 2010

Winnamucca Nevada Women's Softball Day 1




I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time! Julie, Tristan's sitter, our friend, and fellow ball player, invited me to go to the softball tournament in Winnamucca, Nevada. For those of you who don't know, this tournament is 44 hours long and you play around the clock. It is very fun but can be very exhausting.

I had asked Tex if he wanted to go but as it can be a very wearing tournament he decided to stay home. The girls me at my house at 5 o'clock and we were off. $ hours across the desert and we were settling in. We went up to the field and watched a few games and then headed to the hotel to check in.

Our first game was Saturday morning at 6 am. We had girls from all over the west coast Carson City, Boise, Washington, and Oregon. It was great to meet some new friends and to play ball with some old friends! We won our first game as did the Ball Sharks. midnight Saturday we would square off with them.










Napping between games...




Casualties of war.


Pool time for the girls!




Our messy room.


Char after a day by the pool.





For Christy!

1 comment:

From My Eyes said...

Yeahooo!! Thank you for thinking of me. :-)