Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where The Sidewalk Ends... or does it?

So, my sister Patti ends up going back to California after the 1/2 marathon to get some dental work done and before coming back to Idaho for her Christmas ski trip to Tamarack she decides to go on a little bike ride with a couple of friends. Not more than a couple miles into the ride my sister "falls" off the curb and decides to "crow hop" back onto the sidewalk. It was not until she realized that her foot was in a cage and not in a clip in the she new she was screwed. After her failed attempt to get her foot off the pedal, she falls over at 12 miles an hour and somehow rolls into the street. Because it was cold and, if you know my sister at all, she had many, many layers of clothes on. When she took off her gloves she saw a very distorted hand. Patti new her ride was now over and they headed back for the house.

Upon arrival Lisa hands her a beer and snaps this photo.

"I am not the nurturing kind" says Lisa

After bandaging her head and properly placing a band aid, they move outside for a photo op.

This is the picture that my sister posts on Facebook and then decides not to answer her phone for 2 hours. B.S. I say!



Following a beer and some pain meds, they move onto the doctor to make sure it is not broken...



One day while Tex and I were at lunch we decide to go get mom's wheelchair to pick Patti up at the airport. Tex enjoyed the ride inside.







Patti's arrival into Boise


Get in the chair Agnes, (Agnes is what we call my mom).

While shopping for a few final Christmas gifts, Patti finds an appropriately titled book for the blog.

After being advised from her doctor not to ski, Patti and I head up for opening day at Tammarack. Are you kidding me? We would not miss this for the world! I love my sissy, and I am very glad she is OK. Super great day on the hill!







No comments: