Saturday, November 2, 2013

Ironman Florida 2013 A Journey for Sumerli Lynch May Your Heart Forever Beat Strong!


The day has finally come. 140.6 miles to cover. Up at 3:30 am out the door by 4:30. What a difference a day makes. Still quite a swell but nothing like yesterday. I am so thankful Patti and I went out a few days ago when the surf was high.  Today is a mass start but we group ourselves according to finish time. 7 am start time!


In case you were wonderig about the surf that day? Here it is!




 

I had an amazing swim. Never got nervous, never hyperventilated. I was so happy about that! My first loop I went from far right straight to the red buoy. I swam a bit long and had a little trouble getting back in. I cam out of the water at 37 minutes (this had to be wrong?). The second lop I hugged the buoys and was fine. Swim time 1:52. I love this shot Sheree got of me high fiveing the kids!


After hitting the changing rooms I spotted the family on my way out to the bike. I am always doing this silly wave, it is so funny!




What do you do when you are waiting for someone to finish a 7 hour bike ride?
Take the kids to Ripley's Believe It Or Not.








Our family and friends waited for us at mile 2. Patti came through about just ahead of me by about 2 miles.


This is the moment I saw my family. I was so happy and feeling great!


Part of our cheering section!






Stopped to fix my sock.


I ran the first 6 miles. About mile 9 I began to have some stomach issues from the lap band. Trying to maintain nutrition with a lap band is a job in itself. I dry heaved from about mile 9 - 13. When I hit the turn around I was able to get into my special needs bag. It was there I had a Gatorade that I had frozen. I drank it and ate the rest of it that was slush. It was after that my stomach settled and I new I would finish!

Patti's finish courtesy of Brittle's who was tracking from afar. Thanks Brittles!

P, I could not be more proud of everything you have overcome the past two weeks and the past few years! You are an inspiration and I could not have a better example in my life to follow. 
Sharing this with you was a memory I will cherish as long as I live! 
I love you so much!



Brittle's, I love this picture. You make me laugh!


It's OK, Patti, Brittle's Loves you too!


I finally made it! 140.6 miles. A pretty hard day in most peoples book but this day is nothing compared to Sumerli's Journey. As you all know this race was not about me, it was to help raise money and awareness for my best friends little sister, Sumerli Lynch. If you have not seen her story please go to:
http://www.gofundme.com/4pf50g


Thanks Brittle's! Love the shirt!



WOW!






Thank you to my biggest supporter, the love of my life, I love you baby!
Thanks for all you have allowed me to do!


In case you want to watch what 9:30 minutes of my 16:30+ hour day was like... here you go.
Florida Ironman 2013 Highlights
Patti made the cut twice 3:31 & 8:22


WE DID IT HAIRY COW!







No comments: