Friday, June 22, 2018

A sad goodbye then off to Germany

Well, today is our final day in Africa. We talked the entire trip about getting a family photo and we did not get it until today. Today is bitter sweet for me because after loosing Mom this trip meant more to me than I can even speak of. The thought of spending 2 weeks traveling abroad with Dad & Sue will forever be imprinted in my soul. To share Grammy & Pappa's love of travel with Tex, Tristan and Auntie is all I have ever dreamed of. All I have ever prayed for is to offer my children the blessings that I was fortunate enough to have. This was truly an amazing trip.

Following the photo op, Tristan wanted to get some last minute fishing in. If you recall he caught a 27 pounder but I did not get it on video, today is a different story. Tristan is truly loving fishing! He caught 2 12 pounder's today and he could not be more happy.

Now it is time to exit customs and head back to the airport. If you recall the trip it took to get in now we have to reverse it. 

I new today was going to be a hard day but I did not know how hard. When we arrived at the airport our plan was to check in and then wait for our departure in the premier lounge with Grammy and Pappa. Little did we know we were actually in a different lounge than they were. We had to say good bye in the middle of the airport. I was holding it together pretty well until Tristan began to cry. and I don't mean a coupe tear, full on sobbing. This on one hand broke my heart, but on the other hand melted my heart. The connection he gained on this trip with them was priceless. As we said our goodbye's we arrived at our lounge and we were notified by an agent that Grammy invited us back but after the heart wrenching separation we had just faced I did not have it in me to go through that again so we stayed in our lounge. Now it's off to Germany to show my boys and Auntie my favorite city n the world, Rothenburg, Germany.

Since we flew over night and my wonderful husband upgraded us to first class we were well rested. When we arrived in Frankfurt we headed to get our car, Tex would be driving of course and other than trying to get our navigation our of German as we left the airport, we did pretty good. It would be a 2 hour drive to Rothenburg.

Once we arrived our room was not quite ready so since our Hotel was right outside the old city  gate we decided to go in and check it out. We walked the old cobble streets, admiring the fabulous architecture and walking the mid evil wall. I can't believe I'm back in this amazing city! We climbed the Town Hall Tower and saw the spectacular views from the top, we enjoyed gelato, and the sites and sounds of this amazing city. After checking into our hotel, Mittermiers Alter Ego we unpacked and got some rest. Our hotel was absolutely incredible. Lisa ended up in the main building which was over 100 years old. We ended up in the 2nd building which was a new build but absolutely lovely. I could not be more pleased. After getting some rest, Auntie, Tristan and I went back into the city and found a cute little Pizzeria, it was fantastic. Then is was back to the room to get some sleep.














 




 



 








 






 





 

 

 

 

 

 






 


 

 













FRI 22 JUN                                YOU WILL BE TAKEN TO KASANE AIRPORT TODAY IN TIME TO CONNNECT WITH FLIGHT SA8307 DEPARTING AT 2.00P.M. TO ARRIVE OR TAMBO AIRPORT AT 3.55 PM.    HERE, ONCE AGAIN THE VIP SERVICE WILL BE WAITING TO ASSIST YOU WITH ALL FORMALITIES.   I AM GOING TO ASK YOU PLEASE TO SEE IF SA AIRLINK CAN BOOK YOU ALL THE WAY ON YOUR INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS SO THAT YOU CAN JUST REMAIN IN TRANSIT.       IT DEPENDS, OF COURSE, IF THEIR COMPUTERS ARE WORKING.        YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME AT OR TAMBO SO IF THIS IS NOT A POSSIBILITY AND YOU HAVE TO CLEAR THROUGH AND RE-CHECK IN THE VIP SERVICE WILL BE WITH YOU.       PLEASE IF YOUR LUGGAGE IS CHECKED ALL THE WAY THROUGH HAVE YOUR LUGGAGE LABLES HANDY SO THE VIP SERVICE CAN ENSURE THAT IT IS CHECKED THROUGH CORRECTLY.        THE PREMIER LOUNGE IS AT YOUR DISPOSAL BETWEEN ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE OF SWISSAIR AT 7.25P.M.
-->


No comments: