Sunday, August 29, 2021

Chicago Day 2

Today was amazing!
We started by walking around, checked out a Sunday Market, then braved the train to Guaranteed Rate Field. We shopped for souvenirs, and then we got our hot dogs! They were so dang good. The best polish dog I've ever had.
 
 
It was fun watching them prep the field as we ate our delicious dogs! The field, the stadium, the people, everything was beautiful! The game started and it was hot and sunny. I put on my hat and Angee left to go buy one. It was a lifesaver! I also grabbed us Italian Ice which was so good and helped cool us down.
We quickly had our first home run which was complete with fire works.
Our new friend in front of us caught a ball!
 
We escaped the sun for a bit and I went for lemonade while Angee went for ice cream in a cap because it reminded her of her childhood. I also partook in a Comisky shower. 
It was an amazing game and everything we wanted it to be! Sox won 13 to 1, 5 home runs, 1 grand slam and lots of fun!
We stood by the original Comisky home plate!
I still can't believe I was there and I'm so grateful.
 
 
After the game, we walked back to the train and it poured rain and it didn't even matter! We were soaked, dripping wet, and enjoying life. We took the red line to Chinatown and ate good food. Then we wandered around, getting strawberry cake for later, saw Chicago Fire(nest show ever) and walked back to the train.



























 

No comments: