Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Chicago Day 4

This morning we met Paul, Jean, and DJ for a river boat and lake architecture tour. We had perfect weather and it was beautiful! I loved being out on the water and seeing everything from a new view. It was fun to learn more history and our guide had a dry sense of humor with cheesy one liners that kept things light.

 Going through the Chicago Harbor Lock to get to the lake was fascinating. The views of the skyline from the lake were stunning!

We went back through the Lock and went further up the river. There is so much interesting architecture and art, which is one and the same.

 It was a wonderful tour! Thanks Paul!

It was finally time to get to work. 
Our conference is at a huge conference center. We went to a couple of classes that were just meh.
But we ended the day with an awesome general session.
Bill Rancic was the emcee. I enjoy listening to him so that was fun.
Chicago mayor Lightfoot was awesome!
The best part of the day was the main speaker, Erik Weihenmayer. Wow. I laughed and cried all the way through it. He was so inspiring and lots of things hit hard. I will be getting all his books. He is an incredible human. Even if the rest of the conference is mediocre, listening to him will have made the entire thing worth it!
 
 
We made our way to Quarntino for some delicious Italian food. It was all so good but although I was in the mood for salmon, I wish I had gotten pasta. Lynnette's was fantastic!
We walked back to the hotel and had our earliest night yet.
We are having such a
wonderful time
and I'm loving every minute of my time with Angee.












































 

No comments: