Saturday, October 18, 2008

Melt Down

OK, as we all know I am a first time mom and this is pretty much the first time that anything has happened to Tristan but I pretty much lost it today. I have had Tristan to the doctor 3 times in the last 4 days. He just seems so not like himself right now. I have never felt so helpless. His poor little bum is all swollen and tight. I wish it would just open and drain. I really don't want them to cut it open to drain it.

Today when I took him in for the follow up we saw a different doctor. The doctor today suggested that we might take Tristan to the emergency room to put him on some IV antibiotics and pain medicine. I kind of lost it because I thought she wanted me to have it drained. The doctor said she only suggested the ER because we were going out of town tomorrow. She said as long as I am comfortable taking him in San Jose if he needs it we would be fine to continue to watch it.

This was all good news to me but it just didn't really sink in. When we got home Tex went in to work for a few hours and I was home with Tristan. He was so sad and you could tell he was in pain. It just broke my heart. I called mom to see if she would come look at it. I just could not stop crying. Mom came over and looked at it and we talked about what the doctor said. Tristan finally got on the floor and played for a while while grandma was there. Then he crawled up in her lap and she rocked him to sleep for me. I had been up with him since 5 am and was on an emotional roller coaster. I don't know what I would do with my mom. It was so nice to have her here to help me. THANKS MOM!

3 comments:

lisa said...

hi sis; i hope you are find because being a firs time mom you have the right to freak out when it is you baby and he is pain. so no worries just keep watching him okay. i hope that mom gave you a great big hug from me as i had asked her to. buddie is find he is alittle piggy as i gave him his supper and he inhaled it. so hopefully that will make you laugh. have fun in calif. love auntie lisa

Lynnette said...

wow, it is hard the first time around. By the 3rd baby(ha,ha) you will an old hand at it. Hope you all make it here safely tomorrow. Great advice from Lisa.
Love,
Sue

ang :o) said...

I had no idea this stuff was going on! I am way behind on blogs, my own as well. You should have mentioned it, I could have worked for you to relieve some stress. I hope he gets better and you get time to relax on your trip. Thanks for the new fridge! :)