Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My "Layne Bryant Friend"

Today I had planned a trip to Layne Bryant to try on some jeans. It seems that they have their own sizes and every time I go in these I am never in the mood to try them on to get my size so today was the day.

I walk in and I am standing by the counter waiting for help, this man, my age, peaks his head around the corner and asks if he can help me. My first instinct was "are you kidding me...a man...is going to help me find these jeans?" I come to terms with this and then I begin to give him my little shpeel about never being in the mood to try on the jeans and he said "so today your in the mood?" I said, "no, but that is what I am here to do."

First, he ask me to turn around. I said OK so you can check out my but? He takes me over to the jean section and starts telling me about the sizing and sends me off to try a pair of them on.
I try the jeans on and they fit quit nicely. He then proceeds to tell me they will stretch and I should go down a size if I can, so he sent me off to try the next size. This were pretty comfortable too. The only thing I did not like was the little roll it gives you on the top of your jeans. I then proceed to tell him about that and he directs me to SPANX and has me try some of those on.

Now remember this is all pretty personal, he then asks me when the last time I was fitted for a bra? I told him some time ago and he picked up some bra's for me to try on. I now had the bra, the SPANX, and the jeans and I was off to the fitting room. When I came out he asked how they fit. I loved the bra but the SPANX rolled a bit. He says "Oh I can fix that come with me". We go into the dressing room, he right behind me and he reaches under my shirt and basically gave me a wedgie. I frickin laughed until I cried. I am sure you could have heard me in the middle of the mall.

As he was checking me out I decided to introduce myself. His name was Jamie. Jamie then tells me if I really want to see him in action that I need to go to the Balcony Friday night to see his drag show. Get this, his drag name is Selena... I told him my best friends name was Selena!

Jamie had me in/out, and whipped into shape in 45 minutes and was the most honest person I have ever dealt with trying on clothes... You Go Girl!

Thanks Jamie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Lynnette, what a great story. Wish I had been there.
Love,
Sue

emily said...

oh bob, that is my favorite story. I love the wedgie...how awkward but i love how you just went with the flow and enjoyed the moment...great story!!