Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Park day 2

Day two in the park did not start off so great and it ended even worse. Tristan woke up and you could tell he was not feeling well. He began to throw up while we were loading the van. We all made a decision that he would be sick whether in the car or at Sue & Kev's so we decided to drive home through Jackson Hole. This probably sounds great but as we began approaching the end of Yellowstone and entering Teton National Park I began to get nauseous, Patti, you would have been proud I kept saying it is all in my head, but I was wrong. Before we left the park I was throwing up and then some. Needless to say I let Tex drive and I was concentrating on not hurling in the car. All I know is I do not remember the ride home being anything other than many stops for me, none of them my proudest moments. Finally Tex got us to Suzette and Kevan's in Idaho Falls some 5 hours later. Tex and Kevan proceeded to get the car unloaded while Suzette and that dear little Morgan came upstairs and got their master bedroom ready for us to contaminate. Then I heard that Tex was hit and laying on the floor downstairs. Tex was now infected. Needles to say it was along night. All I had to say to Tex was "at least you have a toilet". We can not thank Sue and Kev enough for all they did for us, no one could have made us feel more comfortable.

So we were supposed to come home Monday but Tex could not bear the car for 5 hours so we decided to stay until Tuesday. Trevan was having knee surgery on Tuesday so we offered to watch the kids and clean up the house so it was no longer infected. While I was changing Kiesan I threw my damn back out. I swear, after such a fabulous weekend I can't believe all the drama! I probably would have been OK had I not played in the double header Tuesday night. Considering I had no energy and it took me the first game to find my bat, I hit the crap out of the ball in the second game. This played havoc with my back. Needless to say I have been at the chiropractor all week.

Here, are some fabulous pictures from Day 2 and you never would have known any of this transpired!

Trevan fishing at The Brook Trout Inn



Our sick boy


the first sighting of the day


Firehole Falls


Tierra & Morgan at the Great Geyser Basin


Trevan




We stopped for lunch and TJ was still not feeling well so we went for a walk.
Love the colors!




Did I mention I love Buffalo?


I heard the Teton's were remarkable but I do not remember seeing them?



It really was a great weekend!

1 comment:

ang :o) said...

The pict of them,Tetons(the grandfather's are magnificant, i didn't realize how much i missed them!!! You survived that buffalo and many more,,,that was the first time you got so close,,,MOM