Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yellowstone National Park

Some weeks ago Tex and I decided to head to Idaho Falls and see some of our friends. We rented a van and headed to Yellowstone. Saturday we all piled in the van and we were off. This was after Suzette spent all day being Betty Crocker and making snacks for the trip... and mmm were they good!





We stopped at the springs in Island Park for a picnic lunch and Suzette filled the water bottle.










We finally made it to the park.


The first sighting was an elk.



The second was a heard of buffalo. Saying I love buffalo is really a minor statement. I have a few great buffalo stories. The first that comes to mind is going through the park many years ago with Dad and Sue. Dad wanted to take my picture next to a buffalo and dad kept saying "get a little closer...get a little closer" When my mom saw the photo she was furious!

The second that comes to mind is that Suzette and I used to drive to Bozeman to go "buffalo hunting", this was just a term Suzette and I used to got look for buffalo, the funny thing is that Brian #1 used to think that we were going to look for guys... hello!



oooooo, ahhhhhhh




I love this picture of the kids!


Sue and Kev tied the kids down, at least one of them!




Tex got some shopping in, surprise, surprise!


Old Faithful! Still Faithful!


TJ rockin out!

This is a shot from inside the Lodge, Tex tells me that he is going to bring me here to stay at the lodge... I can't wait!

So, here we are on our way back from Old Faithful and we see this buffalo walking down the road, tongue hanging out, and then we see that he is all bloody. As he walks past the van we see a perfect hole in the side of his next the size of a horn. He had just been in a fight with another buffalo. Then we see this...







Sunday, when we headed to Jackson Hole we actually saw one of these buffalo dead along side the river bank. The ranger had it all bloc

These shots were taken by my wonderful husband. This bull was about 300 yard out, watching over his heard of girls. I can't believe the great shots he got and these are just a few.






This is the place we got outside of West Yellowstone. It was perfect! 3 bedroom 2 bath, plenty of room for all of the kids and parents! Suzette made lasagna, salad, and Texas toast for dinner... mmm was it good! After dinner the kids played together and we kicked back and watched TV.






What a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I remember that pic of the buffolo.
Love,
Sue

lisa said...

that was so amazing wish i was there.