Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Surprise Dani!

Ever since Dani moved out of town she and I never get any alone time. I had given her a gift certificate for her birthday to my nail girl, Shannon. Shannon told me that Dani was coming in to get a pedicure rather than a set of nails. I asked Shannon to let me know when Dani was coming in and I would surprise her by coming in at the same time to get a pedi, tonight was the night.

I decided to stop at the Maverick on the way to pick up some wine coolers. Sheree, Christy and I did this for Christmas and it was a blast! I new Dani could use some girl time! As I stopped at Maverick, on a Tuesday, I have not felt like such a teenager buying wine coolers in forever.

When I arrived at the Salon I loaded up my purse. I did not want to seem like a lush as I entered the salon. Dani had a friend there getting her hair done and Shannon was running a bit behind. Dani and I caught up while we were waiting. She was so surprised!

We headed back to the pedi room, Dani was getting gel toes. This is when they put gel over the toe nail, they last quit a bit longer. I was going to get a pedi but Dani's turned out so good I decided to get the gell too.

As Dani and I were getting our toes done, as well as getting a good buz on. I mentioned that I had not laughed this hard since the last time I was there. That was when I was there with Sheree and Christy at Christmas. I began to tell Dani the funny story that happened when we were there at Christmas.

**Christy and Sheree both like wine, so I made a special effort to call Patti and ask her what some good wines would be. Since I always drink the same thing I brought myself a bottle of Special Harvest Riesling and some diet Sierra Mist. I brought the girls some Cabarnay Sovenaun. As we were all settling in we poured our wine and began to relax. I kept tasting mine and could not figure out what was wrong with it other than it tasted like water. I told the girl and they did not believe me so they tasted it. They could not believe it either. We spent a good portion of our pedi trying to figure out how and why we ended up with a bottle of water. It was actually quit funny, you can only imagine!**

As I am telling Dani my story she begins to laugh hysterically! I am like what? Dani proceeds to tell me that her and Patti drank that bottle of wine while they were fixing our home after our remodel. We had gone to Atlanta to pick up Tristan and they stayed and put our house back together and got it ready for a baby. After a stressful day they decided to have some wine. While they were finishing the bottle they realized that this was the wine from our wedding that they had drank and panicked! They filled the bottle with water, re corked it and put it back in the cabinet thinking we would never open it. Dani & Patti swore that they would never tell.

I don't think i have ever laughed so hard in my life! This story would have never come up if I had not gone to surprise Dani while she got her pedicure!

Life is so great that we can share such great stories with our friends and family!




The cooler...


Cute toes!


2 comments:

Sheree said...

Funny!!! Tell Patti she owes us a bottle of wine!!!

Sheree said...

I also love the photo of your "loaded" purse...looks yummy!