Sunday, March 14, 2010

What a day!

Today was one of the best days I have had in a long time! Last night Sheree invited me to go skiing on one of her free passes. Since the weather was cruddy yesterday and the time changed last night we kind of backed out of going. I did, however, tell Sheree that I would call her in the morning if it looked amazing.

Tristan woke up about 7 this morning and I could not quit looking at the mountain so I called Sheree. I said, Sheree, let's go. Oh we won't make it back in time for practice. I agreed and we both decided not to go. I kept looking at the mountain. It was as if it was calling me. I asked Tex if he wanted to go skiing? He said no. I said, do you care if I go? He said no, he didn't care. So, I rounded up my things and I was off!

When I arrived at Bogus I realized I had not even skied on my new skis since my old pair was stolen. That was three winters ago. The price tag was still on them. The next thing that I realized was that I was so excited to go skiing today that when I pulled out my poles I realized that I grabbed two different poles, one of the kids and one of mine. Yes dad, I skied with it too : ) The rest of the day on the hill speaks for itself, just look at the pictures!






Christy, here is your foot shot! My friend Christy loves to take pictures of feet, so this one is for her!



Hello Boise!




My pole!


Need I say more?


Shoes of the day!
Boots in the morning...
Cleats in the afternoon...
it does not get any better!


I had forgotten how easy it was to get up to Bogus, ski a couple of hours and come back to Boise for a great afternoon! We have not had passes since we started going up to Tamarack and I had just forgotten how easy and fun it was! Well, next year we will be skiing. We got our passes again and today I went to Play It Again Sports and picked up Tristan some skis. We are going to try to take him this week.




Once I got home and got the car cleaned out. Tristan and I went for a walk and stopped at the park. There were a couple other kids there with their dad. Tristan had fun playing with the little boy. On the way home he wanted to pull the wagon and he did, all the way home.


What a great day!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Even though you went without me yesterday....I am happy to hear you're back into skiing! I'm always looking for a good skiing partner so I can ditch the "boys" :)

Barb Welter said...

you always did make do with what you had...your dad would be really proud...MOM