Saturday, May 1, 2010

A busy two weeks.

Two weeks ago I was in a softball tournament with some of our friends. That Sunday I got very sick. So much so I could hardly swallow. I thought it might be strep so I went to the doctor. They said it was throat ulcers, probably brought on by stress. That pretty much layed me up for a week.

This week my assistant at the office had the lap band surgery (yes, the same one I am having). They tell you to plan about a week off so I have been covering the office. Tristan managed to get sick this week and I thought that he probably had what I had. The day care had called and said that Tristan was sick. Tex picked him up and then last night when I got home from work at 8... Tex and Tristan were bundled up. Tex told me that Tristan hurt his leg, he was not sure how? When Tristan got up he could hardly walk on his right leg. I immediately said lets go to the doctor. We drove around trying to find a doc in the box open and we had no luck. Tristan was now throwing up all over the back seat and trying not to put any pressure on his leg. I was getting frustrated because he was in pain and Tex was frustrated because I was getting cranky. I finally called mom to see if she could help us find and ER with our a long wait. Mom came through like a charm.

We went to the Eagle St Lukes ER. There we proceeded to get thrown up on even more. While explaining to the doctor what was up with TJ this week we saw that his right leg, just under his knee was very swollen. We could not figure it out? The doctor thought it might be an abscess, since he had had those before we were not surprised. The doctor did and ultrasound and found nothing. A short time later the nurse came in and gave Tristan some anti nausea medicine and it wasn't long after that he was out. Drop dead asleep on the table. I was supposed to try to wake him up to give him something to drink but he wouldn't have it. The doctor came in later and said that he was just going to treat it with some antibiotic. So we were off to Walgreen.

Well, to make an already long story shorter, Tristan woke up today and seemed much happier. He held down the Pedialite and some peaches. He was even walking better on the leg. The swelling has gone down quit a bit. Just after Tristan and I had a bath I was off to a ball game.

No comments: